Short version: We use these basic terms throughout the agreement, and they have specific meanings. You should know what we mean when we use each of the terms. There's not going to be a test on it, but it's still useful information.
- An "Account" represents your legal relationship with technercia.net. A “User Account” represents an individual User’s authorization to log in to and use the Service and serves as a User’s identity on technercia.net. “Organizations” are shared workspaces that may be associated with a single entity or with one or more Users where multiple Users can collaborate across many projects at once. A User Account can be a member of any number of Organizations.
- The “Agreement” refers, collectively, to all the terms, conditions, notices contained or referenced in this document (the “Terms of Service” or the "Terms") and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that we may publish from time to time on the Website.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
- “technercia.net,” “We,” and “Us” refer to technercia.net, Inc., as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
- The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by technercia.net, including any Beta Previews.
- “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the Account, or that directs the use of the Account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age. Special terms may apply for business or government accounts (See Section B(5): Additional Terms).
- The “Website” refers to technercia.net’s website located at technercia.net, and all content, services, and products provided by technercia.net at or through the Website. It also refers to technercia.net-owned subdomains of technercia.net, such as education.technercia.net and pages.technercia.net. These Terms also govern technercia.net’s conference websites, such as technercia.netuniverse.com, and product websites, such as atom.io. Occasionally, websites owned by technercia.net may provide different or additional terms of service. If those additional terms conflict with this Agreement, the more specific terms apply to the relevant page or service.
B. Account Terms
Short version: User Accounts and Organizations have different administrative controls; a human must create your Account; you must be 13 or over; you must provide a valid email address, and you may not have more than one free Account. You alone are responsible for your account and anything that happens while you are signed in to or using your Account. You are responsible for keeping your Account secure.
1. Account Controls
Users. Subject to these Terms, you retain ultimate administrative control over your User Account and the Content within it.
Organizations. The "owner" of an organization that was created under these Terms has ultimate administrative control over that Organization and the Content within it. Within the Service, an owner can manage User access to the Organization’s data and projects. An Organization may have multiple owners, but there must be at least one User Account designated as an owner of an Organization. If you are the owner of an Organization under these Terms, we consider you responsible for the actions that are performed on or through that Organization.
2. Required Information
You must provide a valid email address in order to complete the signup process. Any other information requested, such as your real name, is optional, unless you are accepting these terms on behalf of a legal entity or if you opt for a paid account, in which case additional information will be necessary for billing purposes.
3. Account Requirements
We have a few simple rules for User Accounts on technercia.net's Service.
- You must be a human to create an Account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted. We do permit machine accounts:
- A machine account is an account set up by an individual human who accepts the Terms on behalf of the Account, provides a valid email address, and is responsible for its actions. A machine account is used exclusively for performing automated tasks. Multiple users may direct the actions of a machine account, but the owner of the Account is ultimately responsible for the machine's actions. You may maintain no more than one free machine account in addition to your free User Account.
- One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free account (if you choose to control a machine account as well, that's fine, but it can only be used for running a machine).
- You must be age 13 or older. While we are thrilled to see brilliant young coders get excited by learning to program, we must comply with United States law. technercia.net does not target our Service to children under 13, and we do not permit any Users under 13 on our Service. If we learn of any User under the age of 13, we will terminate that User’s Account immediately. If you are a resident of a country outside the United States, your country’s minimum age may be older; in such a case, you are responsible for complying with your country’s laws.
- Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people. A paid Organization may only provide access to as many User Accounts as your subscription allows.
- You may not use technercia.net in violation of export control or sanctions laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction. You may not use technercia.net if you are or are working on behalf of a Specially Designated National (SDN) or a person subject to similar blocking or denied party prohibitions administered by a U.S. government agency. technercia.net may allow persons in certain sanctioned countries or territories to access certain technercia.net services pursuant to U.S. government authorizations. For more information, please see our Export Controls policy.
4. User Account Security
You are responsible for keeping your Account secure while you use our Service. We offer tools such as two-factor authentication to help you maintain your Account's security, but the content of your Account and its security are up to you.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your Account (even when content is posted by others who have Accounts under your Account).
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. technercia.net cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify technercia.net if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your Account, including any unauthorized use of your password or Account.
5. Additional Terms
In some situations, third parties' terms may apply to your use of technercia.net. For example, you may be a member of an organization on technercia.net with its own terms or license agreements; you may download an application that integrates with technercia.net, or you may use technercia.net to authenticate to another service. Please be aware that while these Terms are our full agreement with you, other parties' terms govern their relationships with you.
If you are a government User or otherwise accessing or using any technercia.net Service in a government capacity, this Government Amendment to technercia.net Terms of Service applies to you, and you agree to its provisions.
C. Acceptable Use
Short version: technercia.net hosts a wide variety of collaborative projects from all over the world, and that collaboration only works when our users are able to work together in good faith. While using the service, you must follow the terms of this section, which include some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations. In short, be excellent to each other.
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control or sanctions laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
You agree that you will not under any circumstances violate our Acceptable Use Policies or Community Guidelines.
This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of technercia.net, or by the posting by technercia.net of a revised version. Changes to These Terms. These Terms of Service, together with the technercia.net Privacy Statement, represent the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us. This Agreement supersedes any proposal or prior agreement oral or written, and any other communications between you and technercia.net relating to the subject matter of these terms including any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements.